Our new deep-frozen shortcrust pastry, made with real butter, is perfect for making delicious cake bases and crispy biscuits!
Simple chocolate cake with shortcrust pastry
- 1 packet of Van Kook shortcrust pastry with real butter
- 200 g milk chocolate or dark chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 dl whipped cream
- 200 g of sweet (frozen) berries or 2 sliced bananas
- Serve with Greek yogurt or whipped cream, roasted nuts, popcorn and/or pretzels
How to prepare:
- Thaw the dough according to the instructions on the package.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Line the cake mould with 20–24 cm dough and straighten the edges, if desired.
- Bake for 12–14 minutes until the cake has a golden complexion and leave to cool.
- Thaw the chocolate in a microwave or in a bowl of hot water over a saucepan.
- Whisk until the cream forms soft peaks and mix with the slightly chilled melted chocolate.
- Spread the pre-cooked berries or banana slices onto the shortcrust pastry base and spread out the chocolate mousse.
- Leave to settle in the fridge for a few hours.
- Decorate with whatever you like and serve!