The new handmade dough is perfect for carefree baking! The cake has a crispy base and rich apple coating, and it tastes particularly good with vanilla sauce or ice cream. A must-try!
Homemade apple cake
- 500 g, or 1 packet of Selveri Köök shortcrust pastry
- approx. 8 apples, peeled and with core removed
- 4 tbsp sugar + 1/3 tsp ground cinnamon or cardamom
- 50 g butter, cut into small cubes
- 1–1.5 dl apricot jam, heated until fluid
How to prepare:
- Bring the dough to room temperature for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 230 degrees. Cut the apples into thin slices on a mandoline or with a knife.
- Using your fingers, press the dough until 1 cm thick onto the bottom and sides of a 22–24 cm round cake tray or onto a baking tray. Form a square shape.
- Arrange the apple slices tightly together on the base of the dough.
- Sprinkle with sugar mixed with cinnamon or cardamom and cover with butter cubes.
- Bake in the bottom third of the oven for about 40 minutes until the edges are crisp and the apples are soft (if necessary, cover the top with foil to avoid excessive browning).
- Glaze the cake from the top with plenty of apricot jam.
- Serve with vanilla sauce or ice cream.